Rendezvous, in Central Square (yeah, I've heard this from everyone): rating 86
- Hi-Rise Bread Company (Huron Village) -- mmm, fresh-baked bread
- Cuchi Cuchi (Central Square)
- Upstairs on the Square (Harvard Square): all I know is when it was Upstairs at the Pudding in the last months, it was highly overrated
- Cardullo's Gourmet Shoppe (Harvard Square): where I get my sammiches and chocolate bars
- River Gods (Central Square)... you know, I don't think I even knew that was a bar
- Sugar & Spice (Porter Square)... I really ought to make it over there some day, I live mere blocks away
- Craigie Street Bistrot (Harvard Square-ish)... was tasty the one time I ate there with my folks
- Central Kitchen (Central Square) -- Mediterranean numminess
- The Red House (Harvard Square): we ended up here unexpectedly--I need to go back sometime when the outdoor patio will be a pleasant option. rating 78
- The Harvard Square Garage -- okay, sure. They featured Flat Patties, which I've never been to; Felipe's Taqueria, about which I am agnostic; Crazy Dough's, which I hadn't known existed (but then I'm not big on pizza); the Doghouse ( = hotdogs ); and the obligatory Boston Chowda Co.
- Chez Henri (Harvard/Porter): rating 81
- Changsho (Harvard/Porter) (which I just visited for the first time this spring)
- Jose's Mexican Restaurant (Fresh Pond)
- Bisuteki (Radisson Hotel)
- Helmand (Cambridgeside): rating 80 (I haven't been there in too long)
- Petsi Pies (okay, this is really Somerville, but there's a new location on Putnam Ave outside Harvard Square
- Harvest, Harvard Square (for brunch): 80
Cheap eats in each neighborhood:
- Cambridge, 1 (Harvard Square)
- Midwest Grill (Inman Square)
- Miracle of Science (Central Square)... again, I didn't quite realize this was an eatery
- The Blue Room (Kendall Square)... need to make it out there for brunch before a movie!
- Summer Shack (Alewife)
East Coast Grill in Inman Square.
And, aaah yes, Mr. Bartley's Burger Cottage. I'm sure I've been there, I can't quite remember.... ;-)
And the cuban sandwich at the bar at Chez Henri was the dish of the day.